Saturday, April 13, 2013

Love and Desire: It's Only Biological

It took me a few days to process Dr. Brown's lecture- it held my interest feverishly for its entirety as I've always been curious about how love and desire work in our brains. The message of the lecture was a romantic one- humans need love in order to have a good quality of life, without it we face a certain emptiness that makes everything else in life feel much less fulfilling. When love is in your life, you feel better about your work, your friends, and everything else you are passionate about. Sure, you can be happy without romance, but there's something very special about that first stage of a romance that makes the world an exciting, beautiful place.

Love is literally a drug- Kesha actually had a point! I always believed that love was akin to crack in the way it wholly possesses your brain, forcing you to always be multitasking with your thoughts as most of them are devoted to the lover in your life. I know that love and even lust have that effect on me. Recently I've been talking to someone and the flirtation/possibility of a romance have been distracting me and it's quite nice but frustrating! I need to be able to finish out my senior year but this person has made his way in, leaving me nervous and excited for what will happen next.


No comments:

Post a Comment